Whether a client is interested in outsourcing for the first time, or considering an alternative service provider, our broad knowledge of the vendor landscape and proven solicitation methodology enables an informed client decision.
The process begins with understanding the client’s current environment, level of satisfaction and identification of issues/challenges to be addressed. Client representatives are actively involved during each step in the process to assure alignment with engagement conclusions & recommendations.
A typical engagement includes the following:
- We structure these engagements to eliminate vendors that really don’t qualify as quickly as possible, leaving 70%-80% of the selection process to focus on the final contestants.
- Interview key client personnel to understand issues and establish specific engagement objectives and selection criteria.
- Determine whether a Request for Information (RFI – Barrington uses this as a qualifier, containing 20 or fewer pointed questions) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) is most appropriate.
- Gather relevant detailed client profile and operational information to support the selected alternative.
- Identify prospective target vendors and initiate contact with each.
- Develop RFI/RFP for dissemination.
- Receive and review vendor submissions.
- Follow-up with clarification questions and discussions with each respondent.
- Narrow the list of respondents to no more than four finalists, preferably two or three.
- Complete reference interviews with clients of each finalist.
- Develop fee models projecting the direct and indirect charges for each finalist.
- Complete site visits to each finalist to address any remaining questions.
- Document selection process and specific recommendations for client and Board consideration. Present at the Board meeting if requested.
- Complete vendor negotiations or support client in the process.
- Assist in implementation/conversion planning and execution where desired.
The result is a complete end-to-end process that addresses client objectives and assures broad alignment with the outcome.